Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And the Adventure begins...

Dear Troublesome sister,

                I hope this letter finds you well, or finds you at all really. I have no clue where you have gone. Honestly, Nadine, it would be helpful if you at least informed someone before you go hurtling off on some other trip. It would at least save Cerise and I a good deal of trouble. We were searching for you for four hours before we finally concluded that you must have runaway again. It’s absolutely disgraceful.  I know it may be too much to ask, but do try to act with the decorum of a nobleman’s daughter while away. It is quite distressing to have your escapades brought up while in the company of some of our less discreet neighbors.
                Speaking of our ever so kind and thoughtful neighbors, I shall recount the embarrassment that I had to endure because you chose to run off right before the Baron of Allanite’s ball. If it had been anyone else hosting the ball then any inquiries about your absence would have been subtle and filled with remarks of “oh how we do wish she was here” and “I do hope she recovers from her headache, has she tried herbal tea? I absolutely must send her some.” After that the matter would have been dropped without another thought. But no, you had to leave right before Honorine’s coming out ball. She followed me around the entire evening whining about how you think you’re too good for her party. The only time she stopped was when Sir Edgar asked her to dance and practically dragged her to the dance floor. Although I will admit, wasting half the evening with her was almost worth it to see her outrage over having to dance with a man of lower rank and fifteen years her senior. After that Sir Edgar and I had a lovely chat that kept her away for the next half hour. However, the damage was already done, you had become the talk of the party. Please be mindful of what you say when you return, everyone already thinks poorly of you.
                I am afraid my letter must come to a conclusion. Father wishes to know where you are and that you are safe. Please write back as soon as possible and tell me where I might write you next.
                Sincerely,
                                Lady Adela, daughter of Duke Loepold of Amarantine

P.S. As well as her love, Cerise requested me to send her demands that you send her a pair of Doruren silk gloves to match her blue gown as soon as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment