Monday, September 19, 2011

Outrage

Dear Nadine,
                Please excuse my lapse in proper decorum to but, Clement did what? That spineless son of a sea sponge!  I cannot believe you did not tell me about this sooner. I would have ensured that he would never be seen in polite society again. Oh, I am so annoyed; it’s far too late to retract the invitation to the garden party for the Duchess of Gimnel. I was so excited for it. It has been years since she last visited our country. She will be disappointed, though, she always did like you best (and I believe her offer to marry you off to her eldest son is still open). Oh, well, I shall merely explain to her that you have been sent away to avoid the annoying attentions of some unfortunate suitor. She will understand, I am sure.
                On a much more pleasant note, I am pleased to hear that you are sketching the country side. I cannot wait until you return so I may see them. I have just begun teaching Cerise to paint. Although I am sure I am nowhere near as good of an instructor as you, I shall give it a valiant effort. It is so exciting, it gives us an excuse to vanish into the gardens for hours on end. We go out every day, even when it rains and, you must promise not to tell a soul, we dance and go puddle jumping. It makes me feels like a child again, but it is such fun!
                As before, father sends his love and his wishes to know where you are. I however, only send my love. I hope you have a marvelous time and stay away from Clement for as long as possible. I for one vow to never invite him to another party unless absolutely necessary (like father noticing that I am purposefully excluding that family, you know how he is…). Oh, and please do write and tell me where I might send my next letter.
                With my love,
                                                Adela
P.S. Cerise requests me to inform you that it is of greatest importance that you travel to Dorure as soon as possible. She absolutely needs those gloves. For what, I have not the slightest idea, but if it is not too much trouble then could you just get her a pair of gloves.  Any kind will do (she cannot tell the difference between wool and silk anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment